Feedback Incentive Scheme - find out how you can win a framed
TerraSAR-X will be the first commercially available X-band radar
remote sensing satellite with a high productivity. It is capable
of acquiring both large area coverage as well as zooming in on
selected focus areas. TerraSAR-X features a highly reliable observation
capability, as the radar satellite collects data independent of
cloud cover or solar illumination.
- Active phased array X-band SAR
- Resolution up to 1 meter
- Single, dual and quad polarization
- On board data storage (256 gigabyte)
- Sun-synchronous repeat orbit (514 km)
- Repetition rate: 11 days
- Due to its flexibility, TerraSAR-X can cover any point on Earth
within a maximum of three days, 90% of the surface within 2 days.